What tasks should I look at today?
Are my project deadlines being met?
What is my team working on today?
Roost is a to-do platform on Teamnest.com to help you take control of your work. You can see tasks assigned to you by different team members with due dates and priorities. You can break down tasks into sub-tasks and assign them to relevant team members. You can collaborate with team members on a task by leaving notes or uploading documents.
You and your team members can create tasks under ‘Buckets’. A bucket could be a project, a milestone, or any other high-level goal that you would like to group a set of tasks by. You can view the progress of the Bucket to analyse completion vis-a-vis the deadlines.
Create a Bucket
You need to have admin rights to create a Bucket.
- Go to Admin Section > Organisation > Buckets
- Click on ‘Add Bucket’
- Enter the name and description for the bucket. Assign an owner to the bucket. This person is responsible for adding, managing, and getting tasks in this bucket completed
Adding a Task and Sub-tasks
- Go to Roost from the left navigation
- Click on ‘Add a New Task’
- Enter the name of the task. Choose the bucket it belongs to, and set a completion date for the task. Assign it to the person responsible for carrying out this task
- That’s it. You can add multiple tasks either for yourself or assigned to other team members
- If a task requires more than one person to finish, you should create sub-tasks under this task. Assign each sub-task to one team member
- To add a sub-task, click on the name of a Task
- Click on ‘Add a new Sub-Task’
- Add the same information for this sub-task
- You’re done. You can create multiple sub-tasks and assign to different people. They will each see the sub-task assigned to them
- You can filter your task list by the following:
- Assigned to you
- Assigned by you
- By bucket
- By status - complete or pending
- For each task, you can see its priority, due date, no. of sub-tasks, and its progress
- Within a task, you can add notes or upload documents as a reference for other team members.
- A task or a sub-task assigned to you can be closed only by you
- You can also re-open a closed task or sub-task