It is important to plan your annual vacations much in advance. This helps to prevent bunching/overlapping of leaves of team members in the same month. By indicating your expected leave travel dates well in advance your Reporting Manager gets an overview of these dates for all the team members. This way any potential overlapping of leaves (which could affect the expected output or project deadlines) are clearly visible and the Reporting Manager can mutually discuss with Team Members to reschedule their leave periods.
The Leave Planner helps you to achieve this. It is important to note here that entering your leave period in this Leave Planner is just a way to inform your Reporting Manager of your tentative leaves schedule. Once you have finalised your dates, you need convert this into a Leave Application
To plan a leave
- Go to Leaves from the left navigation
- Click on the ‘Leave Planner’’ tab on the page
- Click on the ‘Plan Leave’ button. A Leave Plan form will appear.
- Choose the leave type, fill in the tentative dates and submit the form
- Your leave plan is created. You can view it either as a Calendar View or a Table View
A planned leave is not an actual leave request. The table view gives you the option to cancel this planned leave, or convert it to an actual leave request. If you choose the latter, it will bring up the leave application form with the planned leave details pre-filled for you