You can setup reporting structures that currently exist within your organisation. This is important. Your employees will regularise attendance, request leaves, and submit expense reimbursement requests on TeamNest. You may want to specify a Workflow that determines who has the authority to approve / reject the requests (Learn more about Workflows here).
The Reporting Structure help determine this hierarchy in a workflow. Let's see an example to understand this.
Let's assume that there is an employee - let's call him Chirag - responsible for accounts in your company. Travel expenses, food bills, and other business expenses that employees incur are submitted to Chirag for approval. Chirag may ask for some clarifications or bills as proof. If satisfied, Chirag will approve the request.
On TeamNest, you can create a Reporting Structure called Accounts Head. To do this
- Go to Admin section > Organisation >Reporting Structure
- Click on +Add
- Call it Accounts Head and assign a priority. The priority determines the order in which the roles are displayed on the page, 1 being the highest priority. Submit this form to create the Role.
- You now need to assign the person responsible for this role and the list of employees who will report to this person
- Click on the Edit icon that is displayed next to the role
- In Select Role, choose Accounts Head. In Select Role Member, choose Chirag
- In Select Employees Reporting to this role, start typing in the names of employees who will report to Chirag for approval. You can assign multiple employees
- Submit the form. You now have an Accounts Head and his reporting structure
Later, you can create a Workflow where Expense Approvals are routed to Chirag by nominating Accounts Head as the user role responsible for expense approvals.
In most cases where a person is assigned in Select Role Member, they will have to be assigned an Access Role of either Supervisor, HR head or Administrator. To do this,
- Go to Admin section > Organisation > Manage Employees
- Find Chirag in the employee list and click on Edit
- In Access Role, choose Supervisor.
- Save the form.
- Chirag now will have a section called Team Section visible to him in the navigation when he logs in
- He can manage and approve requests from here
To learn more about Access Roles and how to manage them for your organisation, please read Manage your organisation's Access Control