By now, you would have added employees, created reporting structures, workflows, and policies for your organisation. It is now time to make all of it work by applying the right set of rules to the right set of employees.
The idea of a Master Policy is fundamental to how TeamNest works for your organisation. Simply put, a Master Policy lets you decide what rules and workflows apply to what set of employees.
To create a Master Policy, you need to select one rule for each of the following sections:
- Holiday Calendar
- Approval Workflows
and apply it to employees. Once you create a Master Policy, you can assign it:
- Individually, to each employee, or
- To all employees in an Org Unit, or
- To all employees in an Org Group
Thus, using a Master Policy is a two step process
- Create a Master Policy
- Apply a Master Policy
Create a Master Policy
To create a new Master Policy,
- Go to Admin Section > Manage Policies > Master Policies
- Click on + Add Master Policy
- Give it a name and description
- For all the remaining fields, you have to simply choose the rules that would form part of this Master Policy i.e. Attendance Rule, Leaves Rule, Expense Rule, etc
- For example, a Master Policy designed for Senior Management will be made up of Attendance, Leaves, Expense rules that were created specifically for them. So make sure you choose the correct rules
- Create other such Master Policies for different sets of employees.
- The number of master policies and their combinations would entirely depend on your organisation structure
Apply a Master Policy
You would normally want to apply a Master Policy to a set of employees. This could individual employees, or employees of an Org Unit , or employees of an Org Group, depending on how your organisation is setup. In specific cases (say for business owners or CXOs), you may want to create a Master Policy that is only for an individual.
- This is found under Admin Section > Manage Policies > Apply Policies
- Click on the tab you wish to use - Apply to Organisation Group, Apply to Organisation Unit, or Apply to Employee. Say it is Apply to Organisation Unit.
- Click on Assign Template To Unit
- Choose the Org Unit you want to assign the policy from the dropdown
- Choose the Master Policy you want to use from the dropdown
- You will see the list of Employees Under This Org Unit. You may deselect one or more, if for some reason you do not want the Master Policy to be applied to them
- Click on Submit to save this configuration
The Master Policy has been assigned. Repeat this till every employee has a Master Policy associated with them.
That's it. Your organisation is ready on TeamNest. Sit back, and relax. You are in safe hands.