The complete process of Onboarding Candidates is hassle-free with the assistance of the TeamNest Candidate Grid. The Employee Onboarding activities can be easily configured through the dashboard. Also, the relevant documentation such as the Background Check Information, Issuing of Offer Letter, and Appointment Letter to the candidates can be uploaded from the dashboard itself.
For Admins and HR Heads
- Candidate Grid can be accessed through Admin Section >> Candidate Grid.
- From the Candidate Grid click on Add New Candidate and Select the option Add Single Employee from the dropdown.
- A pop-up window will open. Once you have completed adding the basic details of the Candidate, click on Add.
- Alternatively, you can also bulk add the new Candidates, by clicking on the Bulk Add option from the dropdown.
- . On clicking, the Employee Bulk Upload window will appear.
- The following steps can be carried out to upload multiple Candidates at one go. Before using this option, please prepare the excel Employee Master file with all relevant details in the required format. The sample.xlxs file can be used as a template to create this file.
i. Step 1 - From the Employee Bulk Upload window, click on the Bulk Create New Employee tab.
ii. Step 2 - Next, tick the ‘Do you already have the input file’ checkbox.
iii. Step 3 - Click on Choose file and then point to the Employee Master excel file that you have created. Finally, click on the Upload input file button to complete the bulk upload of candidates.
- After successfully adding the new Candidates, the tasks related to the completion of the Candidate onboarding from the HR side i.e., Uploading of the Offer Letter, Appointment Letter, and Background Check document, can be processed:
- So, for e.g. To upload the Offer Letter, go to Admin Section >> Candidate Grid. Click on the Upload option given under the Offer Letter and click on the Submit button. Other documents can be uploaded as and when required as per the timelines set by your organization.
- Alternatively, you can generate the letter from the system as well. For this, you need to click on the Generate link.
This will provide a pop-up window to generate and download the letter. The window also provides an option to upload this letter for the employee to view. In case you select the Upload option, you will be able to see an option to Notify the Employee.
- Clicking on the Send option from the Send Invite field in the Candidate Grid will trigger an e-mail to the candidate to sign up on the TeamNest platform to upload the required documents and complete the Onboarding tasks.
After the necessary Onboarding documents have been uploaded by the Admin/ HR and the Invite is sent to the candidate, the Candidate will receive a message similar to the template shown below.
1. Through the link, the Candidate can sign into the portal by entering their Email id and password.
2. Now the Candidate can complete the Onboarding Tasks assigned to him/her by going to Candidate Section >> Candidate Dashboard >> Onboarding.
3. Here they can see 3 tabs namely
i. Letters - The Letters that have been uploaded by Admin / HR to be accepted by the Candidate.
ii. Profile Updates - The data that needs to be filled out by the Candidate with supporting attachments (wherever applicable), and
iii. Onboarding - The list of Onboarding tasks assigned, which they need to
completed by the Candidate.
4. As and when the Candidate updates and/or takes action on any of the above 3 tabs, the Admin / HR will get a notification.
Converting a Candidate into an Employee (For Admins and HR Heads)
Once the Candidate has competed his Onboarding tasks and on the Date of Joining, you can Confirm the Candidate as joined. Go to Admin Section >>Candidate Grid and click on the Green Tick icon.
5. In the pop-up window that appears, Confirm the Candidate by defining the access role for him/her from the given dropdown.
6. The Candidate will now appear in the Employee Grid where the applicable Master Policy, Reporting Structure, and other necessary information regarding the Employee Profile can be updated. At this point, the Candidate will no longer appear in the Candidate Grid.
7. In case the Candidate does not join on the expected date of joining, they can be marked as ‘Not joining’ by clicking on the Red Cross icon that appears below the Green Tick icon. The Candidate will not be visible in the Pending Candidate Grid. To view the not joined employees, you need to set the filter to Not Joined.