You can create custom policies to match your organisation's leave rules. Use the following sections to understand the leave settings available to you.
You can find these settings under Admin > Setup Policies > Leave.
You can add your own Leave Types. Say your organisation offers Sick Leaves and Privilege Leaves. You can add them by clicking on + shown below.
Further, you may have different entitlement of Privilege Leaves for employees, and another for some other employees. You can create more than one Privilege Leave rule set by clicking on + Add new Privilege Leave shown below.
Creating a Leave Policy has two components:
- Common Leave Policies - Configurations that are specific to your leave types
- Your Leave Types - Configurations that are specific to your leave types your organisation
Common Leave Policies
- Leave Calendar - The yearly cycle for which the leaves are valid. For eg. Jan-Dec (Calendar Year), Apr-Mar (Financial Year)
- Allow Proxy Leave Applications - Allows the employee's supervisor / HR Head / Administrator create a leave request on behalf of the employee
- Auto approval for leave request - If a leave request is not addressed for an ‘x’ number of days, then enabling this option will auto approve/reject the request.
Additional fields for leave application
This gives you the option to decide which fields the employees need to enter as part of requesting a leave
- Alternate contact number
- Alternate address
- Add a comment
If allowed, how many maxium weeks of leave
- Before delivery and
- After delivery
You can create one or more leave types to match your organisation policies. Here's how to configure them
Leave balance rules & settings
- Set how many leaves are given to
- Confirmed Employees
- Employees on Probation
- Allow Negative Balance - if enabled, specify how many excess leaves can an employee apply for over and above their current balance
- Allow Half-days for leave application - let Allows employees to apply for for a half-day leave
- Maximum days per leave request - the total number of days that an employee can request leave for at a time apply for in one request
- Maximum requests per month - the number of times an employee can apply for leave in each month
Balance encashment / carry forward settings
- Allow Balance encashment - if allowed, specify the maximum number of existing leaves that employees can encash)
- Allow Balance carry forward - if allowed, specify the maximum number of existing leaves that employees can carry forward to the next yearly cycle
This lets you set how many leaves accrued (added) to the employee’s current leave balance
- Accrual Type
- In advance for current period - Credit all leaves for the entire year to employees at the beginning of the leave calendar
- Earned as you go along - instead of granting the full quota of entitlement of leaves right away, give it cumulatively at a frequency of your choice. This is typically monthly. So if you have 24 leaves, employees will accumulate 2 for each month every month.
- Earned for the past period - Credit leaves at the end of the calendar year
Prefix, Postfix and Sandwich Leave Configuration
- Prefix - if an employee applies for a leave on a day immediately before a week-off or a holiday, you can define if the week-off(s) or holidays are deducted from the employee's leave balance
- Postfix - if an employee applies for a leave on a day immediately after a week-off or a holiday, you can define if the week-off(s) or holidays are deducted from theemployee's leave balance
- Sandwich - if an employee applies for leaves that include a week-off or a holiday in between, you can define if the week-off(s) or holidays are deducted from the employee's total available leaves
Once you update these settings, your Leave Rules are ready. You can now apply it to one or more employees via a Master Policy